Farmers for Climate Action has grown rapidly since its establishment in 2016, but so has the challenge ahead of us.
We are looking for 2-3 people to join our recently established team of casual Donor Engagement Officers who call our supporters to update them on our work and ask them to make a monthly donation. This team will play a crucial role in helping to grow our monthly donor program and, therefore, increasing Farmers for Climate Action’s potential for impact.
This role would suit someone who can confidently pick up new digital systems, is comfortable asking for money (or is willing to learn), understands the importance of farmers and rural Australians leading on climate solutions, and is committed to climate action.
The role involves:
- Calling supporters of Farmers for Climate Action, updating them on our work and asking them to make a monthly donation
- Entering and updating information into our supporter database (NationBuilder)
- Handling supporter information confidentially
- Maintaining personal accountability for your performance and working with Farmers for Climate Action staff to ensure minimum quantitative results are met
- Keeping up to date with Farmers for Climate Action’s work
What you bring to the role:
- An understanding of the importance of farmers and rural Australians leading on climate solutions
- A passion for action on climate change
- Confidence in having persuasive one-on-one conversations with supporters over the phone
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- A willingness to learn new skills and to respond positively to feedback
- Ability to work remotely and pick up the online systems we use (Slack, NationBuilder, CallHub, Google Drive) etc.
- Some connection to agriculture or rural Australia
- Previous (paid or unpaid) experience in fundraising, organising or campaigning
- Previous experience using digital calling programs or CRMs
Successful applicants can expect at least 8 hours of work per week, between the hours of 1pm to 7pm Monday to Thursday. This role will report to the Donor Engagement Coordinator and will work within a small team of casual staff. It will be a work-from-home role with the option for successful applicants based in Canberra or Melbourne to work from our office locations.
What’s on offer
In exchange for your hard work, we have the following on offer:
- Remuneration of $28.86 per hour (including casual loading) plus superannuation
- Regular mentoring, skills development and opportunities to work with staff and volunteers at Farmers for Climate Action
- Flexibility with working arrangements
- Delivering insights to the Donor Engagement Coordinator and other key FCA personnel to help inform and drive campaign, fundraising and engagement strategies
How to Apply
To apply, prepare in one document:
- A CV of no more than 2 pages
- A cover letter of no more than 1 page addressing why you’re a good fit for the role, including the key skills and requirements listed in this job ad
Address it to James Atkinson (our Donor Engagement Coordinator) and submit it via this form below. Please apply as soon as possible as we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.