Farmers for Climate Action has grown rapidly since our establishment in 2016, but so has the challenge ahead of us and our team is working hard to make a difference in the most important decade of our lives for action on climate change.
We are looking for 2-3 people to join our team of casual Engagement Officers who call our supporters to update them on our work and ask them to make a monthly donation. This team will play a crucial role in helping to grow our monthly donor program and, therefore, increasing Farmers for Climate Action’s potential for impact.
This team can also be called upon to conduct direct outreach to our farmer supporters and assist fundraising and campaigns work as necessary.
This role would suit someone who can confidently pick up new digital systems, is comfortable asking for money (or is willing to learn), understands the importance of farmers and rural Australians leading on climate solutions, and is committed to climate action.
The role involves:
- Calling supporters of Farmers for Climate Action, updating them on our work and asking them to make a monthly donation
- Calling farmers new to Farmers for Climate Action and connecting them with actions they can take to support the movement
- Entering and updating information into our supporter database (NationBuilder)
- Handling supporter information confidentially
- Maintaining personal accountability for your performance and working with Farmers for Climate Action staff to ensure minimum quantitative results are met
- Keeping up to date with Farmers for Climate Action’s work
What you bring to the role:
- An understanding of the importance of farmers and rural Australians leading on climate solutions
- A passion for action on climate change
- Confidence in having persuasive one-on-one conversations with supporters over the phone
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- A willingness to learn new skills and to respond positively to feedback
- Ability to work remotely and pick up the online systems we use (Slack, NationBuilder, CallHub, Google Drive) etc.
- A connection to agriculture or rural Australia
- Previous (paid or unpaid) experience in fundraising, organising or campaigning
- Previous experience using digital calling programs or CRMs
This is a role where candidates who are eager to learn and passionate about climate action will excel. We aren’t strictly looking for folks with comparable experience in a similar role, rather those who are keen to build skills in fundraising and connect everyday people to our movement. If this sounds like you, but you feel like you don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed above, we’d still love to hear from you.
Successful applicants can expect at least 8 hours of work per week, between the hours of 1pm to 7pm Monday to Thursday.
This role will report to the Fundraising Manager and will work within a small team of casual staff. It will be a work-from-home role with the option for successful applicants based in Canberra or Melbourne to work from our office locations.
What’s on offer
In exchange for your hard work, we have the following on offer:
- Remuneration of $29.59 per hour (including casual loading) plus superannuation (Clerks Private Sector Award (Casual – Lvl 2, Yr 1))
- Regular mentoring, skills development and opportunities to work with staff and volunteers at Farmers for Climate Action
- Flexibility with working arrangements
- Reimbursement of work from home internet costs
- Delivering insights to the Fundraising Manager and other FCA staff to help inform and drive campaign, fundraising and engagement strategies
How to Apply
To apply, prepare in one document:
- A CV of no more than 2 pages
- A cover letter of no more than 1 page addressing why you’re a good fit for the role and your motivation for applying
- Your responses to the key requirements listed in the position description (1-2 pages)
Address it to James Atkinson (Fundraising Manager) and submit it via this form below. Please apply by 9am (AEDT) Monday 31 January.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please apply as early as you can.