Ever felt overwhelmed or frustrated by the climate jargon? Wondering what it all means, and how it relates to you? Perhaps you just want a simple answer to a simple question: are we on track to limit global warming to 2 degrees?
With so much information out there, it can be overwhelming. The team at FCA is delighted to be hosting a webinar with Bill Hare from Climate Analytics to unpack all these questions and more. Join us on Friday 19th June at 12:00pm (AEST), 10:00am (AWST).
During the one hour session, Bill will explore:
- The Climate Action Tracker: understanding our global progress towards a safe climate
- Australia’s performance to date, and what this means for agriculture from the perspective of risks, opportunities and regulatory challenges.
- The Kyoto Protocol: to carryover or not?
- Countdown to COP26: are Australia’s current policies adequate to take to Glasgow next year? How will we compare with other agricultural exporters?
- What is a carbon budget? What does this mean for states and regions?
If you’re sick of the jargon and just chasing some straight answers; this is the webinar for you. Attendees will also hear from the team behind FCA’s Regional Horizons initiative and finish with practical strategies for driving climate action in the paddock, in the papers and in the Parliament
Register your interest today – any queries drop Verity an email.
Image credit: Angus Emmott Photography
He has contributed to the development of the international climate regime since 1989. Bill was a Lead Author for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Fourth Assessment Report, led the influential World Bank Turn Down the Heat reports series in 2013-2014, and is one of the leaders of the Climate Action Tracker. He has been described as the “go to climate advisor” of the most vulnerable countries, particularly the small island states (SIDS) and the least developed countries (LDCs).